Successful Exhibition 2023 by Hedon Viewfinders ends at Hedon Museum
This is to give thanks to all those that contributed towards our recent successful exhibition – Digitally Different. Thank you to each of the 24 exhibitors and the larger number of Hedon Viewfinders members who helped assemble the art work pieces and helped at the Museum. Thanks to the volunteers at Hedon Museum for all their help with hosting the exhibition.
Thank you also to all those visitors who attended during the run and particularly the 228 who took the time to choose their favourite five photos. Every one of the sixty two photographs appeared in peoples’ top five lists.
The most frequently faved photos (the Top Five) were:
- Sunset Silhouette (Houghton Moor near Sancton) by Doug Sharpe (appeared in 64 lists) – Picture sold
- Polar Bear and Red Bucket by Jo-Anne Powney (57)
- Blue Tits by Dave Hook (54) – Picture Sold
- Bird over Saltend by Maggie Wingfield (53)
- Fantasy Teapot by Lynn Leedham (53)
The winner of the five mini-prints of his choice, from a voting slip drawn randomly by Hedon Museum volunteers, was one of our own members: Keith Madden.
Three prints were sold during the exhibition, and although a little disappointing that we didn’t sell more, this does mean that the club has made £38 (includes a donation from a sale) and Hedon Museum £24.
The club has also gained a handful of new members as a result of the exhibition – so to them all: “Welcome to Viewfinders!”
The next milestone event for Hedon Viewfinders is the Open Photography Competition at Preston Show and Family Fun Day. However, we need to start thinking now about our Exhibition 2024 and planning for a more varied event at a bigger venue. We are looking to form a working group of members to plan for this.
Get involved! Hedon’s photography club:
- Come to our meetings EVERY WEDNESDAY 7 pm at the Haven Arms, Havenside, Hedon HU12 8HH. See what3words: //captive.crispier.pirate
- Join us on our active Facebook group: Hedon Viewfinders – Through the Lens (Members).
- We have a Flickr Group which is fairly inactive but still hope to revitalise it over the next few weeks: Hedon Viewfinders – Through the Lens.
- We have a WhatsApp chat group. Join Viewfinders and then contact us for a link.
- Subscribe to get the news from the club every time we update this website.
DO TELL PEOPLE ABOUT US!
Hedon Viewfinders is Hedon’s own community photography club. It’s free to join. It’s free to take part in our activities. The club prides itself on its good reputation for its fun and friendly approach to studying and enjoying photography.
Meets Wednesdays every week 7pm at the Haven Arms, Havenside, Hedon HU12 8HH. But check our key dates to see if we’re there or out and about on any particular week.
Check out the Calendar of Events.
Subscribe to get the news from the club every time we update this website.
ALL WELCOME. Hedon Viewfinders Photography Club at the Haven Arms
Leave a Reply