The next meeting of Hedon Viewfinders is a special meeting to review the club and its activities to date and to consider proposals for its future – particularly over the next 12 months. Your attendance is encouraged and would be greatly appreciated.
The meeting will start promptly at 7pm on Wednesday 6 March 2019 at the Haven Arms, Havenside, HU12 8HH.
It is always a good idea and practice to regularly have a look back at what an organisation has achieved to date, note what has gone well, and note the areas where improvements might be made. Based upon that experience, we can then take decisions and make plans on a better way forward.
This meeting will be an opportunity for each of us to have an input into shaping the future development of the club and its photographic endeavours.
The AGENDA is draft and you have a chance to put your ideas and specific proposals up for discussion. The Agenda will only become final on Wednesday Evening of 27th February. So look back here for the final version on Thursday. For ease of decision-making, any specific proposals should appear on the Agenda.
Ray Duffill normally facilitates the meetings, but at this meeting it would be useful to have another volunteer to do so. A volunteer to take notes of the key decisions (see final item on the Agenda) would also be useful. We’ll ask at the meeting for these volunteers.
- Review of the Club – Short session to remind ourselves what we’ve enjoyed/not liked as much from the Club.
- Finance update – Ray
- Exhibition Boards and other fundraising
- Meetings organised to date – Ray
- Exhibition update (24 April – 15 June) – Ray
- Specific proposals from members.
- Decisions that require spending Viewfinders funds to be taken at meetings – Ray
- To seek a volunteer who can take responsibility for working with others to manage the booking of speakers and otherwise make arrangements for the programme of meetings – Ray
- To seek a volunteer who can take responsibility for working with others to manage club exhibitions – Ray
- To seek a volunteer to take notes at meetings when necessary and write up official record of decisions made. To be kept in an official minute book/online – Ray
- To hold a second exhibition later this year – Glenn
- To relax the rules on Facebook group postings from 7 to 10 – Ray
- Social Media review – Particularly the operation of the Facebook Group and its competitions.
- Programme of meetings for 2019; ideas for speakers and practical sessions.
- Field Trips/photo walks/visits/holidays – Ideas.
- Viewfinders website – Ray
- Any other business not covered by the above.
- To record formally any decisions made on the night, including any votes taken, and to note the member(s) assigned responsibility to implement decisions. This record will be written up as minutes and posted on the website.
Whilst the above might seem much more formal than is normally the case, the issues under discussion do present the club with opportunities to develop and grow in many exciting ways. And rest assured it will be conducted in the typical Viewfinders fun and friendly style.